1. New Jersey has the highest density population of any state in the U.S.
2. New Jersey has a state seashell.
3. Beemerville, New Jersey is home to a volcano.
4. If you’ve played the game Monopoly, you are familiar with the names of real streets in Atlantic City.
5. The first-ever baseball game was played in Hoboken.
5. New Jersey is home to more diners than any other state.
6. Atlantic City is home to the world’s longest boardwalk.
7. Cape May, New Jersey is the oldest seaside resort in the United States.
8. During the Revolutionary War, more battles were fought in New Jersey than any other state.
9. While New Jersey doesn’t have a state song, it does have a state fish – the brook trout.
10. The very first submarine ride took place in the Passaic River.
11. New Jersey has the tallest water tower in the world. It is located in Union, New Jersey.
12. In 1968, a famous painting of the first intercollegiate football game was created commemorating the first game between Rutgers and Princeton in 1869.
13. New Jersey’s state bug is the honeybee.
14. Camden, New Jersey was the site of the very first drive-in movie theater.
15. The state flower is the violet.
16. New Jersey was the very first state to sign the Bill of Rights.
17. Cheerleading was started in Princeton in 1869.
18. Square dancing is the state dance.
19. New Jersey has a spoon museum containing over 5,400 spoons.
20. The hadrosaurus is the official dinosaur of New Jersey.
You must be logged in to post a comment.