German Composer-Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827)
US President’s 7 thru 11 (1829-1849)
1. Beethoven was a German composer during the classical and romantic period.
(Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, and Polk were the American presidents 2 years following Beethoven’s passing)
2. Beethoven liked to put his head in cold water before composing.
(Andrew Jackson lived with a bullet hole inside of his chest for 40 years)
3. Beethoven wrote a piece entirely at night so he called it the “Moonlight Sonata.
(James K. Polk was the first president to have his photograph taken while in office.)
4. Beethoven’s father was an alcoholic and emotionally abusive to Beethoven when Beethoven was growing up.
(William Henry Harrison died 32 days after becoming president. He caught a cold standing in the rain giving his inauguration speech)
5. Fur Elise is a famous piano piece written by Beethoven for a woman he loved who didn’t love him. It was not published until after his death. The original copy was lost.
(Martin Van Buren was the first president who was a US citizen. His first language was Dutch not English.)
6. Beethoven’s height was 5′ 3.
(William Henry Harrison and his grandson Benjamin were both US presidents.)
7. Beethoven had very bad skin and was very temperamental. He would end performances if he became aware of anyone in the audience talking.
(John Tyler had 15 children. Jackson kept a 1,400-pound cheddar wheel in the White House lobby for two years.)