Hello 4/5th Grade Chorus! It’s time!! Share the Dorney Park info below with your family. Make sure to bring in your first payment by Wednesday February 21st. See you at rehearsal! =)) Ms. Perryman
JUDD MUSIC IN THE PARKS COMPETITION/DORNEY PARK
PERMISSION SLIP AND CHAPERONE REQUEST INFORMATION
MUSIC TRIP: The Judd School Fourth and Fifth Grade Musicians will be participating in the Music in the Parks Competition this spring on Friday June 1st. We go rain or shine. Please check the weather before the trip. Students may need to wear sunscreen and/or bring rain ponchos.
DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL: Students come to school at 8:30 am that morning and leave Judd School at 9am. We return to Judd School at approximately 9:00pm. Parents should wait in the bus loop and pick up their students on the grass who will be waiting with their chaperone.
DRESS CODE: Students will be given a 2018 Festival Tee-shirt to wear all day. No swimsuits.
LOCATION/PERFORMANCE: The Judd Chorus/Select Instrumental group will perform at approx. 12-1pm for collegiate musical judges. After the students perform, they will spend the afternoon and early evening at Dorney Park Amusement Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
STUDENT MEALS: All students need to bring a bag lunch to school that day (no peanut products.) Because of fundraising, students will be given a “single meal deal” dinner voucher to use at the amusement park. They will be able to enjoy an entrée, side, and fountain drink. Meal choices can be viewed ahead of time at the park website (www.dorneypark.com.) Students do not need to bring money unless they want souvenirs. Students may not borrow money from chaperones.
CHAPERONES: See info below.
COST OF TRIP: The cost of the trip will be $70.00 per student. Due to fundraising, we continue to be able to charge less. This fee includes buses, admission, tee-shirt, dinner voucher, and competition fees.
A $35.00 payment is due to Ms. Perryman by Wednesday February 21st
(You may pay both at one time but one payment must be paid by February 21st)
A $35.00 payment is due to Ms. Perryman by Friday April 20th
NO LATE PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THE LAST DAY TO RECEIVE A REFUND IS 4.27.17
Please make checks payable to Judd School. Write student’s name/classroom on check.
Include payment in an envelope with student’s name/teacher.
Families EMAIL the completed information below by Feb. 21st to email@example.com
1) STUDENTS FULL NAME/CLASS
2) PARENT FULL NAME/CELL PHONE
3) TOTAL MONEY PAID BY FEBRUARY 21ST
4) CHECK NUMBER OR CASH AMOUNT ENCLOSED?
5) DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE ALLERGIES?
DORNEY PARK CHAPERONE REQUEST FORM
Thank you for your interest!
To be considered, email the complete information below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The chaperone meeting on Wednesday May 30th at 7pm in the Judd Music Room..
This meeting is crucial for an out of state trip of this scope and is mandatory for all chaperones..
Do not request to chaperone if you cannot make this meeting.
CONSIDER the following information before you request to chaperone:
-Chaperones are responsible for up to 5 students for the entire trip.
-All student groups will be assigned from classrooms with teacher assistance.
-Students will be granted one student choice from their classroom.
-You may/may not chaperone your own child. Every student must be chaperoned.
-If you are chosen to drive, you will be with a chaperone who will ride the bus.
-If you are selected to be a chaperone, you will be notified by the end of March.
Chaperones will be assigned a job from below.
1. Bus Leaders –Main bus chaperone. Creates rules/sign for window. Connects with driver.
2. Ticket Managers-Counts and gives out tickets to all. Chaperones hold child
3. Chaperone Navigation-Brings a copy of directions as well as GPS on trip. Rides bus and leads bus driver to Competition & Dorney Park. Contacts Bus Driver at pickup.
4. Stage Crew-Helps with performance equipment on day of trip. Sets up at performance.
5. Health Managers-Assists nurse. Rides the bus, takes health bag.
6. Food and Trash-Collects trash after lunch and at the end of the night.
7. Audio Visual-Video records performance and uploads performance to youtube.
Photo Archivist-Takes pictures during performance & trip and emails to Ms.
EMAIL completed information.
(Incomplete responses will affect whether you are chosen)
1. Your first and last name and your child’s first and last name
2. Your cell and email (please be accurate/I will not retrieve emails)
3. Confirmation of the mandatory chaperone meeting at 7pm on Wed. May 30, 2018
4. What qualities do you have that make you a good chaperone choice?
5. I am looking for navigators, bus leaders, and drivers. Are you interested?
CHAPERONE PAYMENT $50.00 (Includes festival/park fee/food voucher/t-shirt)
(Payment is due when submitting request/Make check out to Judd School)